- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Gatwick Park Mechanical Services Limited is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
Gatwick Park Mechanical Services Limited complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to carry out our core business activities;
- To manage our employees;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of changes to our contact details or business hours, etc.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract:
- we may have a contract with the individual/individual’s company and need to process their personal data to comply with our obligations under the contract;
- we may not yet have a contract with the individual but have been asked to do something as a first step (e.g. provide a quote) and need to process their personal data to do what they ask.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will not share your data with third parties.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the needs of our contract with you; or for any statutory period.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Gatwick Park Mechanical Services Limited holds about you;
- The right to request that Gatwick Park Mechanical Servces Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Gatwick Park Mechanical Services Limited to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the director responsible for GDPR compliance, Jenny Coote email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Updated 02 May 2018